TEXAPEL is once again attending the APLF MM&T fair in Hong Kong, taking Stand 1A-C13/ES in Hall 1.
APLF Materials, Manufacturing and Technology (MM&T), formerly known as the Hong Kong Leather Fair, is the world’s leading leather fair for trends in materials and for connecting with manufacturing partners and machinery suppliers. MM&T covers a wide range of leather and related products of all kinds, including sustainable, luxury and exotic leathers, and tannery and processing chemicals. The Hide Forum taking place alongside the exhibition also provides new insights into this global industry.
APLF MM&T is the premier annual event for the global leather industry. Based in Hong Kong, the fair serves as an international hub for leather-related activities and a must-attend buying platform for fashion professionals.
A GALERIE DEDICATED TO FRENCH EXCELLENCE
The French Leather Council (CNC) and SIC SA have designed a circuit as a true GALERIE, inspired by French Touch codes. Expertise, creation and innovation are celebrated here, enhanced by a series of mirrors that create endless reflections and stylized and exaggerated shapes that invite reinterpretations. Located at the GALERIE’s centre is a convivial space that is ideal for encounters between exhibitors and visitors to the fair.
French savoir-faire on show in an artistic setting
Two luminous Eiffel Towers located at each entrance invite visitors to follow the inspiring circuit. Art installations add drama to the presentation of leather goods, the show’s centrepiece. Six huge photographs (each around 2.5m high) decorating the walls show off finished leather goods, with the setting and lighting designed to showcase French leather quality to the best advantage.
Completing the exhibition are light boxes illustrating the sector’s experience in salting, working and dyeing leather, as well as in glovemaking, saddle stitching and Goodyear welting for footwear.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY IN THE LEATHER SUPPLY CHAIN
- Promoting sustainability through animal welfare standards, by Paul Littlefair, Head of RSPCA International (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
- Game changing chemical solutions for green bark technologies, by Dr Dietrich Tegtmeyer, VP for Innovation and Leather Industry Relations, Lanxess Deutschland GmbH
- Green fungicide technologies, by Dennis Dalton, Founder and CEO of Zenith Industrial Chemicals Pte Ltd
- Latest industry standards setting for the innovation EasyWhite Tan, by Claus Reineking, Global Product Wet-End Manager for Stahl
- ZDHC – five years on, where we are today and where we want to be tomorrow, by Lyn Ip, Director, EHS for Global Supply Chains, Adidas Group
- Advances in chemical management with CHEM-IQ, by Kitty Man, Director of Product Stewardship, VF Group
- Product environmental footprint – challenges and opportunities, by Paul Pearson, Secretary, International Council of Tanners